Bare fiber optic adapter is a mechanical device designed to align fiber-optic connectors. It contains the interconnect sleeve, that holds the two ferrules together.
- Telecommunication networks
- Temporarily connect bare fiber
- WAN, LAN, CATV
- Testing equipment
- Communication system
|Description||Fiber Optic Adapters|
|Item NO.||Test Item||Unit||Standard & Requirement|
|1||Insertion Loss (dB)||dB||≤0.20dB|
Instructions on How to Use Bare Fiber Adapters:
- Strip the outer jacket to about 3 inches
- Strip the buffer coating leaving about 2 inches of fiber exposed
- Score and Cleave the fiber, leaving 0.5 inches bare fiber exposed.
- Once it is cleaved, clean the fiber with Isopropyl alcohol and Kim wipes
- Press the clamp button on the bare fiber adapter. Insert the cleaved fiber in the rear of the housing until the glass is flush with the end of the ferrule. Release the clamp button, securing it in place.